I am posting 2 different Baked Ziti recipes....
The first of which is from WW. I love this recipe! It doesn't skip out on ingredients and goes great with a side salad!! The second is from Allrecipes.com. A little more calories, but you can cut down on the ingredients by going light or fat free. Check them both out!
Baked Beef Ziti
5 points and makes 8 servings
12 oz uncooked ziti
1 tsp olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/3 lb raw lean ground beef
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta, drain, set aside.
3. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, and saute 2 mins. Add beef and cook unti brown. Drain.
4. Add oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, & pepper. Stir to coat beef. Cook about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon a small amount of tomato mixture into bottom of 4 quart casserole dish. Top with 1/2 of the cooked ziti and then layer tomato sauce and 1/2 the mozzarella. Layer remaining ziti on top and top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly. About 3o minutes.
Baked Ziti Click link for a photo and nutritional facts
1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.