I am posting 2 different Baked Ziti recipes....
The first of which is from WW. I love this recipe! It doesn't skip out on ingredients and goes great with a side salad!! The second is from Allrecipes.com. A little more calories, but you can cut down on the ingredients by going light or fat free. Check them both out!
Baked Beef Ziti
5 points and makes 8 servings
12 oz uncooked ziti
1 tsp olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/3 lb raw lean ground beef
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta, drain, set aside.
3. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, and saute 2 mins. Add beef and cook unti brown. Drain.
4. Add oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, & pepper. Stir to coat beef. Cook about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon a small amount of tomato mixture into bottom of 4 quart casserole dish. Top with 1/2 of the cooked ziti and then layer tomato sauce and 1/2 the mozzarella. Layer remaining ziti on top and top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly. About 3o minutes.
Baked Ziti Click link for a photo and nutritional facts
1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
Do You Remember These?
9 hours ago